In this podcast Dr. Adam Rowh reviews some antihypertensives- clonidine, beta blockers, Ca channel blockers- and their overdose.
Show Notes & Questions
- What are the 4 steps from brainstem to increased inotropy? (try drawing it out)
- Where does clonidine have its effect? Beta Blockers? Calcium Channel Blockers?
- What are the none hemodynamic signs/symptoms for clonidine, beta blockers, and Ca channel blockers?
- In reversing clonidine, what are your go-to agents? Why?
- What two agents will work in Beta Blocker OD? Why wont Epi work?
- Why are all of the above ineffective in calcium channel blocker OD?
- What are the two extra tricks for calcium channel blockers?