In this podcast we review strokes of the posterior circulation- from anatomy to presentation, diagnosis to prognosis.
- Define the posterior circulation of the brain.
- Name the 4 largest vessels originating from the vertebrobasilar system.
- What are the major structures supplied by the vertebrobasilar system? (there are 5)
- What are the symptoms of a posterior circulation CVA?
- What elements of history and physical exam are most important in distinguishing peripheral from central acute vestibular syndrome?
- When do patients with posterior circulation CVA decompensate? What is it from? What are the most consistent signs of progression to this?
- What are the modes of therapy for patients with space occupying edema?
Posterior Circulation CVA- Deep Dive, coming soon
Want to automatically receive the Review Questions one week from now for spaced retrieval? Leave a comment below stating “email Review Questions” or tweet us at @EM_sandbox.