In this podcast we review the clotting diseases of the superficial vessels- superficial thrombophlebitis and superficial venous thrombosis.
- Name the deep veins of the leg. How would you define a superficial leg vein?
- What are the major risk factors for superficial thrombophlebitis/superficial vein thrombosis? Which is #1?
- Is ultrasound necessary in diagnosing this disease process? What is its value?
- In what veins do you worry about a concurrent DVT?
- What is the foundation of treatment for superficial vein thrombosis? When do you add anticoagulation?
Want to automatically receive the Review Questions one week from now for spaced retrieval? Leave a comment below stating “email Review Questions” or tweet us at @EM_sandbox.